What makes a great store design, especially for a fashion brand? With a saturated market, it’s crucial for Shopify fashion brands to set up a high converting store design.
We picked up tips from winning Shopify fashion brands to analyze what makes their store design high-converting.
Shopify Fashion Brands With High-Converting Store Designs
1. SANS FAFF
SANS FAFF stands for conscious consumption, simplicity in design, and doing more with less. Responsibly made in Singapore, they are a minimalist womenswear label focused on producing pieces in limited quantities - to preserve resources and avoid waste. The brand stands for sustainability-first, prioritizing zero waste, and standing against plastic.
The brand reflects it's minimalistic values in its storefront design, with clean and monochrome images and thin font. Here are a few ways the brand ensures higher conversions:
- Brand video within the first header to capture shopper attention.
- Collection feature to get shoppers to click and browse more products.
- Build credibility with logos of publications they’ve been featured at.
2. Fashion Nova
Fashion Nova is a US-based fast fashion retail company. The company operates online and has five brick-and-mortar locations. The company is known to use Instagram to gain earned media for its clothing by interacting with users and generating publicity through a mix of models, celebrities, and other customers.
The brand plans its catalog based on trends, selling items based on items that shoppers are looking for, whether it's for seasonal needs or based on the latest celebrity styles.
This strategy can be seen in their store design:
- The primary hero banner talks about the offers related to the season.
- The storefront consists of products and collections
- The top menu bar consists of categories like women, men, curve, kids, and beauty.
Founded in 1910, the specialty retailer, Hirshleifers, is at the forefront of global luxury. The 5th generation store houses over 100 luxury brands from Chanel, Saint Laurent, and Celine.
Hirshleifers keeps its store compelling with a few distinct elements:
- Product focus across the store.
- Allowing shoppers to self-segment with gender-based collections on the storefront.
- Find favored brands easily with a brand directory.
Tropick is disrupting the menswear game with multi-functional performance dress shirts designed for the adventure of life in the tropics. Designed in Singapore with luxurious technical fabrics, their premium shirts have been carefully crafted so that you can't wait to get dressed in the morning.
The brand keeps it clean, delivering a tropical feel to their website. Here are 3 tips from their store design:
- Use of brand color to highlight important details like the CTA.
- Editorial style product images.
- Pop-up to capture subscriptions on the bottom right corner of the screen.
Gymshark is a fitness apparel & accessories brand, manufacturer, and online retailer based in the United Kingdom, supported by millions of highly engaged social media followers and customers in 131 countries.
The brand focuses on functionality and the storefront reflects this usability. The storefront is clean, with very few but essential elements:
- The primary hero banner features their latest collection and lets shoppers click through to the collection.
- They use white and black across their storefront, creating contrast, and highlighting important details.
- Self-segment through the menubar with "Women" and "Men" navigation items.
6. Rebecca Minkoff
is a global fashion brand that was founded by brother and sister duo Rebecca Minkoff and Uri Minkoff in 2005 in New York City. The brand has retail stores in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Hong Kong, Tokyo, and Korea, and is distributed in over 900 stores worldwide.
The luxury brand has been able to set up its online presence in unique ways.
- They use a designed poster for their primary hero banner, displaying an offer, or featuring a collection.
- Shoppers scroll down to find two featured collections, based on newly launched fashion lines.
- Shoppers can scroll down Instagram posts on the storefront and shop items featured in the images.
Nike is an American multinational corporation that is engaged in the design, development, manufacturing, and worldwide marketing and sales of footwear, apparel, equipment, accessories, and services.
The brand keeps it clean, with only enough details to keep shoppers engaged.
- A new product is featured in the primary hero banner.
- They use real images of athletes using their products, building social proof.
- They display products on the storefront to immerse shoppers in their products from the get-go.
8. Unique Vintage
Created by a woman for women, Unique Vintage celebrates the iconic, flirty fashion of the past with modern, ready-to-wear designs for today’s woman. Started in 2000, uniquevintage.com was founded by Katie Echeverry.
The brand maintains the vintage style across its storefront perfectly.
- They use vintage colors across their storefront, from the classic blue to pale greens and peach.
- They display their rewards on their storefront to capture visitors as loyal customers.
- Shoppers can browse products based on the era of their choice.
9. Sister Jane
Sister Jane is a London-based fashion brand, creating unique, vintage-inspired designs. The brand combines whimsical eccentricity with a distinctive style signature. Pieces emphasize unique, unexpected details that are colorful, fresh, and trend-led while carrying a retro nod.
The brand's storefront reflects the whimsy in their personality.
- They use editorial style product images for the different hero banners.
- They've embedded their Instagram feed to their storefront.
- The storefront is minimal with splashes of blue and mustard.
Bombas is a comfort-focused sock and apparel brand with a mission to help those in need. For every purchase made, one product from their inventory is donated.
Here are 3 ideas inspired by the brand’s store design:
- The brand uses a lot of colors across its storefront, with its signature brand blue consistent across the store.
- They have a “Help” sticky button on the bottom right of the storefront.
Allbirds is a New Zealand-American company that designs and sells footwear. Allbirds' first shoe was the Wool Runner, which is made from New Zealand superfine merino wool. The company claims to keep the brand as eco-friendly as possible and is a certified B Corporation.
Allbirds has a bright storefront.
- They use a hero banner that reflects their bright and happy personality.
- They've curated a selection of their favorite products on the storefront.
- They have a process video, showing how they make their all-natural products.
12. Knixlaunched intending to transform an underwear market that had too much frill and not enough function. Knix was the first intimate apparel brand to showcase real women in their campaigns.
This functional approach is clear on their storefront.
- Their menubar is sticky, allowing shoppers to quickly navigate to the category they want.
- The brand sticks with its bold navy blue and grey.
- They have a section under the primary banner with different categories the brand has.
Dressbarn is America's leading discount retailer of women's business apparel and accessories. Founded in 1962, the brand was popular for its brick and mortar stores. In 2020, the brand pivoted to eCommerce, finding success in selling online.
The brand has a petite and delicate storefront design.
- They use pastel colors across their storefront.
- They have a countdown timer within their header for time-sensitive sales.
- They have large headers featuring their gift cards, VIP program, etc.
Established in 2002 by twin brothers Brian and Vincent Wu, Incu evolved as many great things do — from a set of simple but steadfast ideas. Over 15 years later Incu has flourished into a multifaceted fashion and lifestyle business operating across retail, wholesale, production and logistics.
The brand keeps it clean.
- They use larger-than-life product images for collection features.
- They have featured sections for their gifting collections, staying relavant for holiday shoppers.
- They display a section for new launches, showing items that were recently launched.
15. Good American
Good American is a fashion brand designed for a curvier, sexier and stronger shape. They are proud to be leaders in the body positivity movement.
The website is clean, focusing on the denim products they sell.
- They display a customer testimonial section to build social proof.
- They use editorial photos across their storefront.
- They have a clean footer, with links to size guide, denim care, payment methods, etc.
15. FIGUEFigue is an online fashion brand that brings together luxury and laid back styles across a wide range of apparel products, handbags, accessories and home design.
A fashion and apparel Shopify store known for its free-spirited, bohemian aesthetic, was started by a Dominican born designer; who made sure her online store web design replicated the look and feel of her collection.
Her home page shares an entire vibe around the collection through:
- High-quality images and visuals of products across collections
- Full-width videos to share the look and feel of products in use
- Clean and crisp fonts, along with minimal colors
Another fashion and apparel brand with a fantastic Shopify store design and user experience is KITH. Right from their homepage, collections to product pages, they follow a simple design approach of keeping their products at the centre of attention and leveraging similar themed lifestyle images showcasing their styling.
- Product centric design theme
- Similar overlays for brand consistency
- Lifestyle images and videos
- Simplified navigation across collections
- Intelligent variant selectors
18. ROWING BLAZERS
Rowing Blazers is one of the most popular fashion and apparel brands known for their vintage branding. With a vast collection for men and women across different product categories, they have created a vintage newspaper look to turn their entire site into a scrollable lookbook.
- Unique to brand design theme customized by developers
- Consistent overlay and theme for product visuals - images and videos
- Streamlined navigation to encourage product discovery
- Custom fonts for branding
Set up a high-converting store design for your Shopify fashion brand
We hope this list with actionable tips helps you set up a high-converting store design for your Shopify fashion brand.
As an online business, it’s crucial to set up a store design that keeps shoppers engaged and eager to shop from. Our team of Shopify experts are well versed with design trends, shopper expectations, and industry benchmarks. They work with you to understand your needs and set up a store design that matches your branding and immerses shoppers easily.